Chief financial officer is someone who is in charge of taking care of financial operations of a company. It is considered to be one of the important officer in a company. He is being assigned the task of taking care of financial resources and various transactions being done in an accounting firm. He is appointed to maintain accounts, book records of the company transactions being performed.
Chief financial officer is the head of financial department of a company. CFO has multiple roles and responsibilities to perform. He is in charge of managing the cash flow, finances and to analyze the strength and weaknesses. CFO handle the finance, bookkeeping, and accounting department of the firm. They contribute to the overall growth and development of a company by working with other senior officials.
CFO has a leadership quality for becoming an effective business partner of a company. Communication skills are needed to give its advise on some important matters related to an accounting firm.
Major Role a CFO plays in an Accounting Firm
1. CFO acts as a steward by providing important details about an accounting firm assets, to comply with regulations related to finance, to maintain the books of accounts in a proper, right manner and to communicate about the risk with the board members of the firm.
2. CFO plays the role of managing several services in an accounting firm like financial planning, strategies, management of treasury, calculations related to the tax and many other operations and tasks related to finance.
3. CFO plays the role of providing the finance leadership and properly aligning the finances of the firm for the growth and development of the firm.
4. CFO help in execution of the change in the financial department of the firm. The changes includes reduction in the cost, process of pricing of products and services and many other changes.
5. Chief Financial Officer plays the role in managing all the financial related tasks of a firm by appointing efficient and effective certified public accountant.
Share This Article
Trending topics & tools for the CPA community
Content originally appeared on the CPACharge blog.CPAs and accountants are all too familiar with the fact that it costs money to move money within our......
Content originally appeared on the CPACharge blog.Electronic forms of payment are the dominant preference among consumers today. Credit and debit cards have largely replaced cash,......