To expedite the closing of the decedents estate an executor or representative may file Form 4810 for a prompt assessment. Once filed the IRS has 18 months to assess additional Estate taxes. Form 4810 must be filed separately from the final return.
Interested in more Deceased Taxpayers Questions?
- When I remarry, will I lose the survivor benefits I receive from Social Security ?
- Are funeral expenses deductible on my personal income tax return?
- I am filing as a qualifying widow with a dependent child, What is the gross income amount to determine if I must file a tax return?
- How do I file my current year’s tax return if my spouse passed away during the year?
- How do I claim a refund for a deceased taxpayer?