Maximize Your Social Security Benefits

Schedule a Free Consultation with an RSSA Social Security Expert

Personal Taxes

How do I pay taxes as a contractor?

I was recently hired as a contractor on May 17, 2021. I would like to know what forms I need to submit to pay estimated taxes and when payments would be due.


As a CPA, I came across this website and joined just last week, and I just came across your question.

You use Form 1040-ES to make estimated income tax payments. You can download the form (with instructions on where to mail, etc.) on the website for the Internal Revenue Service ( On the home page, click on Search Forms & Instructions. Then, in the Search box, you can type 1040-ES.

Estimated income tax payments are normally due April 15, June 15, September 15, and January 15.

Answer Provided by: personimage Adam Dickreiter
Interested in more Personal Taxes Questions?

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Personal Taxes Questions

View More Questions