Extension to Pay Taxes

Is there an extension to pay taxes?


YES- The IRS announced a new six month payment extension form 1127-A which gives you six more months to pay also and avoid the failure to pay penalty. This form is only available for those taxpayers who are unable to pay but were unemployed in the current year for at least 30 consecutive days during the current year or were self employed and suffered greater than a 25% reduction in business income in the current year. To qualify you must also meet certain income limitations. To request an extension of time to pay you must file this form 1127-A separately. Do not attach it to your tax return or do not attach it to form 4868, the other extension form. Payment must be paid in full by Oct 15, 20XX or you will retroactively be assessed penalties and interest.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Extension to Pay Taxes Questions

View More Questions