No. If you are married on the last day of the year, you must file either married filing jointly or married filing separately. You are not allowed to file as a single or Head of Household.
Interested in more Married Filing Separately Questions?
- Filing married filing separately - gross income amount to determine filing a tax return
- I am legally married . Must I file a joint tax return ?
- I got married during the year. Can I still file as single for this year?
- Married filing Separately - benefits lost
- If I file married filing separately, can I use the standard or itemized deduction amounts?