For the current year, If your filing status is head of household and you are under 65 then your gross income must be at least $12,850 ($12,500 in 2012). If you are 65 or older then your gross income must be at least $14,350 ($13,950 in 2012). Gross income does not include Social Security benefits.
Interested in more Head of Household Questions?
- Tax Rate Schedule - Head of Household - 2016
- Can I claim Head of Household filing status because my relatives signed a multiple support agreement?
- Can I file as head of household , I am single and live alone and have no dependents ?
- I am filing as head of household , what is the Gross income amount to determine if I must file a tax return
- I am unmarried with a child. Do I file using the filing status single, head of household or widow(er)?