A Final income tax return covering earnings in the period from the beginning of the year to the date of death and an Estate income tax return covering earnings in the period after the decedents death if the gross earnings from the estate is $600 or more.
Interested in more Deceased Taxpayers Questions?
- When I remarry, will I lose the survivor benefits I receive from Social Security ?
- Are funeral expenses deductible on my personal income tax return?
- I am filing as a qualifying widow with a dependent child, What is the gross income amount to determine if I must file a tax return?
- How do I file my current year’s tax return if my spouse passed away during the year?
- How do I claim a refund for a deceased taxpayer?