$170,000-$200,000 (Commensurate on experience) + Bonus
Located in Fully Remote
Boutique CPA Firm in Massachusetts seeks FULLY REMOTE Tax Director for their rapidly growing Real Estate Division. An entrepreneurial opportunity to lead a team of tax professionals and work closely with senior leadership on various strategic initiatives across the firm. This individual must have extensive Real Estate industry experience as you will be involved with real estate multi-family residential and commercial development deals from inception to exit.
- Consult with developer clients and owners on complex tax issues through all phases of the projects from processing applications to syndication and loan closing
- Read through and analyze tax opinions for tax implications of new projects
- Experience with low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), historic rehabilitation tax credits (HRTC) is ideal
- Review financial forecast for tax credit projects. Past preparation of financial forecasts
for these tax credit programs is a plus
- Consult with clients, finance team members, and client tax attorneys on ways to
optimize tax credit equity investments by evaluating different ownership structures,
federal and state subsidies as well as debt and equity financing options
- Develop reference materials and standardize approach and procedures within the tax
- Document and reference assumptions used in the financial forecasts and projections
- Develop and deliver training for staff members in area of expertise
- Demonstrates and maintains high-level technical knowledge in the tax field
- BS in Accounting, MST or EA preferred.
- 10+ years’ progressive tax experience, demonstrated knowledge of limited partnerships and limited liability companies, with strong knowledge of up-to-date tax guidelines
- Well-versed in all realms of relevant tax credit programs, including the low-income housing credit (LIHTC), historic (HRTC), new markets (NMTC) and renewable energy tax credits (RETC).
- Exhibit interest in developing a better knowledge of community development finance and other tax credit subsidized investments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; works well in teams; detail oriented
- Consulting and business development experience preferred
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, ability to coordinate complex activities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines