Talk to Taxpayer Advocate. The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. They help taxpayers whose problems with the IRS are causing financial difficulties; who have tried but have not been able to resolve their problems with the IRS; and those who believe an IRS system or procedure is not working as it should.. You can call your local advocate, whose number is in your phone book, or via the Internet at Taxpayer Advocate Service – at www.irs.gov/advocate or You can also call 1-877-777-4778 . Call or write to the IRS. Keep records of all of your attempts to contact an agent. Fill out IRS Form 911 if you cannot resolve conflict or find resolution through an IRS agent. File a complaint with the Inspector General if you need to report cases of fraud or corruption by an IRS employee.
Interested in more Where/How Do I File? Questions?
- Do I have to report income I did not get a 1099-Misc for?
- I live in Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota,Ohio,Oklahoma,South Dakota,Utah,Wyoming, where do I file my 1040 tax return ?
- I live in Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Where do I file my business tax returns ?
- I live in Alabama, California, Florida, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Where do I file Form 941?
- I live in Connecticut ,Georgia, Illinois, Maine , Massachusetts , New Hampshire , Rhode Island , Tennessee, Vermont , NY, Virginia, where do I file Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return 941 ?