Maximize Your Social Security Benefits

Schedule a Free Consultation with an RSSA Social Security Expert

Form 1099

1099-MISC - Filing Requirements


Generally, file Form 1099-Misc for each person you paid at least $600 in services, rents, prizes and awards, other income payments or medical and health care payments.
Gross proceeds of $600 or more paid to an Attorney.
Any recipient with federal or state withholding regardless of amount.
At least $10 paid for Royalties or Broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest
Any fishing boat proceeds.
Generally, payments to corporations (except of Legal Services) are exempt from the filing requirements.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Form 1099 Questions

View More Questions