Social Security

Social Security - Getting a Number


You will need to file form SS-5. Contact your local Social Security office or go on the Internet and download the form.
If you are expecting a child to be born this year, keep in mind that you will not be able to take a deduction for your new baby without the social security number.
Most hospitals are aware of this and provide the forms along with birth records.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Social Security Questions

View More Questions