Small Business Services

Should I not report the interest income that was reported on Form 1099-INT , that was incorrectly sent to me ?


In order to avoid any future problems and to avoid any mismatching reports with the IRS, you should include this amount on IRS Schedule B, both as a positive and negative amount. Enter the Form 1099-INT amount on Schedule B, line 1 as income. Enter the same amount as a negative adjustment on Schedule B, line 1 and enter "Nominee Distribution" as the negative adjustment description. Speak to your local CPA if you have any questions about the reporting of this incorrect interest.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Small Business Services Questions

View More Questions