Self-Employment Taxes

Is my Ordained Minister earnings subject to SE Tax?


If you are a ordained minister, priest, rabbi or member of a religious order who has not taken a vow of poverty of a Christian Science practitioner then you are subject to SE Tax unless you elect not to be covered on the grounds of conscientious or religious objection to Social Security benefits. A application for exemption Filed on Form 4361 must be filed with the IRS.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Self-Employment Taxes Questions

View More Questions