Sale of Business Property

Property sale - receiving payments in future years


You may elect to report the sale on IRS Form 6252 which spreads the tax liability on the gain over the life of the installment period.
You may elect not to use the installment method if you want to report the entire profit in the current year of sale.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Sale of Business Property Questions

View More Questions