Retirement Planning

Where can I get a list of the impairments that Social Security considers to be disabling ?


You can go to the SSA website at or get the SSA Publication.
Disability Evaluation Under Social Security (SSA Pub. No. 64-039) contains the medical criteria that Social Security uses to determine disability. It is intended primarily for physicians and other health professionals.
You can fax a request to the Social Security Administartion Fax Number, 410-965-0696. You can also write or call: Social Security Administration Public Information Distribution Center P.O. Box 17743 Baltimore, MD 21235-6401 Phone 410-965-0945.
Answer Provided by: CPAdirectory

Share This Answer

Looking For More?

View all Retirement Planning Questions

View More Questions