The amount listed on Form 1099-DIV box 6 for foreign taxes are deductible on tax credit Form 1116 or as an itemized deduction, other tax amount on IRS Schedule A.
Interested in more Dividends Questions?
- How are liquidating dividends reported and taxed?
- How do I report dividends I received from my credit union ?
- What year is the Mutual fund dividend I received in December and paid in January taxable ?
- Is the amount listed on Form 1099-DIV box 5 for fund expenses deductible ?
- Is the amount listed on Form 1099-DIV box 6 , foreign taxes deductible ?