The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form)is an application to apply for federal student grants, work-study money, and loans. This application is also used to apply for most state and some private aid. The required information comes from your estimated or current year's federal tax return. After you send your FAFSA form in, you should receive a student aid report (SAR) within four weeks. If you do not, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800/4-FEDAID (800/433-3243), 800/730-8913 or 319/337-5665, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST to check on the status of your application. You can also check your status on the web at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
Interested in more College Planning & Financial Aid Questions?
- When must contributions to an Educational IRA be completed by ?
- Can I deduct the amounts I pay for Law School ?
- What is the tax consequences of taking money out of my IRA and paying for my daughters college education ?
- What are some websites for College Rankings ?
- What are some websites for SAT and ACT Online access ?