Start a conversation with your child early in High School. Do not wait until December of his or her Senior year. Have your child gather information at the guidance counselor's office in his or her Junior year. Research colleges on the Internet. Go to college fairs in your child's Junior year. Parents and students should visit college campuses during the summer prior to their Senior year.
Interested in more College Planning & Financial Aid Questions?
- When must contributions to an Educational IRA be completed by ?
- Can I deduct the amounts I pay for Law School ?
- What is the tax consequences of taking money out of my IRA and paying for my daughters college education ?
- What are some websites for College Rankings ?
- What are some websites for SAT and ACT Online access ?