No. You can apply for financial aid any time after January 1st. It is strongly recommended you apply as soon after January 1st that you can. You can use the prior year’s tax return to estimate the amounts required on the application form. To actually receive the financial aid you must be admitted and enrolled at the college.
Interested in more College Planning & Financial Aid Questions?
- When must contributions to an Educational IRA be completed by ?
- Can I deduct the amounts I pay for Law School ?
- What is the tax consequences of taking money out of my IRA and paying for my daughters college education ?
- What are some websites for College Rankings ?
- What are some websites for SAT and ACT Online access ?