No. Unlike the previous Stafford Loan Application Promissory Note, the Master Promissory Note is simply the promissory note. Rather than completing a separate application, you begin the loan process each year by answering "yes" to the question on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that asks if you are interested in student loans. The financial aid office will advise you of any additional steps they require in the application process such as completing a loan request or loan information form.
Interested in more College Planning & Financial Aid Questions?
- When must contributions to an Educational IRA be completed by ?
- Can I deduct the amounts I pay for Law School ?
- What is the tax consequences of taking money out of my IRA and paying for my daughters college education ?
- What are some websites for College Rankings ?
- What are some websites for SAT and ACT Online access ?