The Data Release Number (DRN) appears in the top right corner of the Student Aid Report (SAR). The DRN allows you to contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center to make corrections to your address or your institution list. It also allows you to release your FAFSA data to schools not listed on your FAFSA. The PIN comes in a separate mailer, and allows you to access your Renewal FAFSA on the Web and Corrections on the Web. It also allows you to electronically sign FAFSA on the Web, Renewal FAFSA on the Web, Corrections on the Web, and FAFSA Express applications. While the DRN and the PIN share the same four-digit format, the number schemes are different; therefore they are not interchangeable.
Interested in more College Planning & Financial Aid Questions?
- When must contributions to an Educational IRA be completed by ?
- Can I deduct the amounts I pay for Law School ?
- What is the tax consequences of taking money out of my IRA and paying for my daughters college education ?
- What are some websites for College Rankings ?
- What are some websites for SAT and ACT Online access ?