No. The conversion to common stock is not a taxable event. The cost basis of the converted common stock is the original cost basis of the converted bond.
Interested in more Dividends Questions?
- How are liquidating dividends reported and taxed?
- How do I report dividends I received from my credit union ?
- What year is the Mutual fund dividend I received in December and paid in January taxable ?
- Is the amount listed on Form 1099-DIV box 5 for fund expenses deductible ?
- Is the amount listed on Form 1099-DIV box 6 , foreign taxes deductible ?