Dependents & Exemptions

Can I Claim My Mother ,Who Lived With Me And Passed Away In February As An Exemption ?

Yes. You may take the full year's exemption amount even though she only lived with you for 2 months of the tax year. A full year's exemption amount would also be available for dependents born during the year.

Note If you need professional help with "Dependents & Exemptions" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.