The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Small Business Services

How Do I Change My Accounting Method ?

You must obtain the consent of the IRS prior to any changes in your accounting method. Use IRS Form 3115 to apply for this consent. File your application as soon as possible during the tax year.

If you need professional help with "Small Business Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.