The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Retirement Planning

Will I Receive An Annual Report From My Bank Detailing My IRA ?

IRA Annual Report Form 5498 must be sent to you from the bank by January 31st. It must include the market value of the account as of December 31st. A statement showing contributions for the year must be sent by May 31st.

If you need professional help with "Retirement Planning" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.