The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Educational Tax Benefits

Claiming Non Dependents Tuition

To claim the American Opportunity credit or Lifetime Learning credit you must pay qualified expenses for yourself, your spouse or dependents claimed as exemptions on your tax return.

If you need professional help with "Educational Tax Benefits" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.