Ask A CPA - Armed Forces Tax Information
1. Are my Marine reserve training wages taxable?
2. Are my payments for Marine accrued leave taxable?
3. Are the costs of cleaning my uniform while on my Navy recruitment trips deductible?
4. Are the costs of my Marine gold braids deductible?
5. Can I contribute to an IRA when I only receive Combat pay?
6. Do the deadline extensions apply only to members of the U.S. Armed Forces serving in the combat zone?
7. Earned Income Credit - Combat Pay
8. How do I certify my entitlement to the armed forces military pay exclusion?
9. How does a person who receives military differential pay report this on the federal 1040 income tax return?
10. How does a person who receives military differential pay report this on the federal 1040 income tax return?
11. How will my military pay for active service in the U.S. Armed Forces in a combat zone appear on my Form W-2, ?
12. I am a member of the U.S. Armed Forces stationed in a combat zone. Is any part of my military pay for serving in this area excluded from gross income?
13. I am a member of the U.S. Armed Forces. I fly missions over a combat zone as part of the military operations in that combat zone. Is any part of my military pay excluded from gross income?
14. I am a private businessman working in a combat zone on nonmilitary projects. Do the deadline extension provisions apply to me?
15. I am in the Navy and stationed in California but have a permanent home address in New York . Which IRS center should I use to mail my return to ?
16. I am serving in the Armed Forces outside a combat zone. Is any part of my military pay excluded from gross income?
17. I was injured and hospitalized while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces in a combat zone, is any of my military pay excluded from gross income?
18. In reference to Financial aid, who qualifies as a Veteran?
19. Is my Army reenlistment bonus taxable ?
20. Is my Combat Pay earnings while in a Combat Zone taxable?
21. Is my disability pension from the Veterans Administration taxable?
22. Is there a different extension period for me because I served in a Combat Zone?
23. My wife and I are both enlisted personnel serving in the U.S. Armed Forces in the combat zone. Are we each entitled to the income tax exclusion for military pay?
24. What is a Veteran's Administration mortgage?
25. What is military differential pay?
26. What is the cost of a college education from a Military Academy?
27. What is the ROTC program?
28. What is the tax ramifications of military differential pay?
29. Which countries have been identified as Combat zones and Hazardous duty areas qualifying for the Combat Pay exclusion ?
30. Which members of the Armed Forces qualify for the Combat pay exclusion ?
If you need professional help with "Armed Forces Tax Information" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs