Ask A CPA - Mortgages & Loans
1. Are my parents responsible for the Educational Loans I have taken out ?
2. Are points paid on my mortgage deductible ?
3. Can a college PLUS Loan be discharged ?
4. Can I avoid paying Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)?
5. Can I get a business loan if my business is service based with little business collateral ?
6. College financial aid process - what is a Federal Perkins loan ?
7. Do my parents have an opportunity to cancel their college PLUS Loan after they sign the promissory note ?
8. How are American Depositary Receipt dividends paid and taxed ?
9. How can I estimate how large a Mortgage I can afford ?
10. How do I apply for a Student Loan for my child ?
11. How do I know what amount to deduct as mortgage interest on my tax return?
12. How is the Treasury Index used in relation to mortgages ?
13. I was denied a loan , where do I get a copy of my credit report ?
14. In relation to Student Loans , what is a Grace Period ?
15. In relation to the mortgage process , what is the Annual Percentage rate ?
16. In relation to the mortgage process , what is the Graduated Repayment option ?
17. In the college application process , do I have to sign the Master Promissory Note each year ?
18. In the college application process , is the Master Promissory Note my loan application ?
19. In the college application process , what is a Master Promissory Note ?
20. In the college financial aid process , what is a Federal PLUS loan ?
21. In the college financial aid process , what is a Stafford loan ?
22. In the mortgage process , what is a Simple Interest loan ?
23. In the mortgage process , what is a Wraparound mortgage ?
24. In the mortgage process , what is the Certificate of Occupancy ?
25. In the mortgage process , what is the Payment to Income ratio ?
26. In the mortgage process , what is Title Insurance ?
27. In the mortgage process, what are Points ?
28. Is 20% of the price of a new house always required as a down payment ?
29. Is my personal credit history considered for a business loan ?
30. Mortgage - After acquired clause
31. Mortgage loan - What is Forbearance?
32. Should I consolidate my various Student loans ?
33. What are closing costs?
34. What are Title IV loans ?
35. What does Fannie Mae stand for?
36. What does Freddie Mac stand for ?
37. What does Ginnie Mae stand for?
38. What does the term Equity mean?
39. What expenses are paid at the mortgage closing ?
40. What is a " no income check" loan ?
41. What is a Bank collection float ?
42. What is a banking ABA Routing Number ?
43. What is a Biweekly Mortgage ?
44. What is a Bridge loan ?
45. What is a Builder buy down loan ?
46. What is a Cosigner ?
47. What is a five year Adjustable, with a 30 year term mortgage ?
48. What is a Home Equity Line Of Credit ?
49. What is a Home Equity loan?
50. What is a Jumbo Loan ?
51. What is a Lease Purchase Option Mortgage ?
52. What is a mortgage amortization schedule ?
53. What is a mortgage Buy down option ?
54. What is a mortgage loan to value ratio ?
55. What is a Mortgage with a Balloon option ?
56. What is a Overlying Mortgage ?
57. What is a Piggyback Mortgage ?
58. What is a Reverse Mortgage ?
59. What is a State Tuition Section 529 plan ?
60. What is a Veteran's Administration mortgage ?
61. What is a Working Mortgage ?
62. What is a Zero Down Plus mortgage ?
63. What is an "Roll-In " loan Option ?
64. What is an Adjustable Rate mortgage?
65. What is an Escrow payment?
66. What is an impound account ?
67. What is hazard insurance ?
68. What is interim financing ?
69. What is PMI , Private Mortgage Insurance ?
70. What is the difference between a Home Equity Line of credit and a Home Equity loan ?
71. What is the difference between the interest rate and the APR ?
72. What is the interest rate on college PLUS Loans ?
73. What is the mortgage debt to income ratio ?
74. What types of insurance will I need prior to closing on my house ?
75. When do my parents begin repaying the college PLUS Loan ?
76. Who is included in the Federal Reserve System ?
If you need professional help with "Mortgages & Loans" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs