Ask A CPA - Business Start-ups
1. Are my business start-up costs deductible as current operating expenses?
2. Are small businesses using the Internet ?
3. Are some business locations better than others ?
4. Are there any federal agencies designed to help small businesses ?
5. Are there any organizations available to help me and my small business . I heard of a SCORE Association ?
6. Are there any tax incentives in hiring a person with a disability ?
7. Are there companies that provide search services to ascertain if a new company name will infringe on an existing name or trademark ?
8. As a self-employed individual , how long should I keep my records ?
9. As an employer , what are some questions that I should not ask on a job interview ?
10. By what date must I as the employer issue W-2 forms to my employees ?
11. Can I claim a Home Office deduction ?
12. Can I claim a home office expense?
13. Can I get a business loan if my business is service based with little business collateral ?
14. Can I use the Cash method of accounting in my Liquor business ?
15. Can me and my wife be a Sole Proprietorship ?
16. Do I need to get a Copyright for my business invention ?
17. Do I need to open a separate bank account ?
18. Form 8109 - depository coupons
19. Gifts - business gift limitation
20. How do I register for sales tax and determine on what to charge?
21. How do I calculate the amount of the advanced earned income amount to include in an employee's paycheck ?
22. How do I decide on wage levels ?
23. How do I define my customers ?
24. How do I pay myself?
25. How do I set price levels ?
26. How do I set up the right record keeping system for my business ?
27. I am starting a business and don't know what type of entity I should select to be. Should I incorporate ?
28. I am starting a business with my best friend. Do we need a formal agreement ?
29. I started a new business . Where do I find information on how to file Forms W-2 ?
30. In reference to small businesses , what is the DUNS ( Data Universal Numbering System ) ?
31. Is my personal credit history considered for a business loan ?
32. Is there a web site that will give me a listing of accounting and tax software packages available on the Internet ?
33. Should I make a S Corporation Election ?
34. Web site available to help small businesses
35. What accounting method should I use- Accrual or Cash ?
36. What are some advantages and disadvantages of selecting to be a C Corporation compared to other entities?
37. What are some advantages and disadvantages of selecting to be a Limited Liability Company (LLC) compared to other entities?
38. What are some advantages and disadvantages of selecting to be a Partnership compared to other entities?
39. What are some advantages and disadvantages of selecting to be a S Corporation compared to other entities?
40. What are some advantages and disadvantages of selecting to be a Sole Proprietorship compared to other entities?
41. What Department of Labor signs or posters must be placed in conspicuous locations at my business site?
42. What do I need to open a bank account for my new business?
43. What does a fiscal year mean?
44. What does marketing involve?
45. What expenses are deductible in my home office?
46. What federal form is the Federal Unemployment Tax reported on ?
47. What financial responsibilities do I have for my employees ?
48. What form do I file to apply for an Employer Identification Number ( EIN ) ?
49. What form do I file to apply for the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System ( EFTPS ) ?
50. What forms should an employer ask an independent contractor to fill out ?
51. What is a Business Plan for a new business ?
52. What is a franchise ?
53. What is a Limited Liability Company and what are its tax advantages?
54. What is forecasting ?
55. What is the current year's minimum hourly wage amount?
56. What is the Department of Labor's website address ?
57. What is the IRS phone number to get an EIN Employer Identification Number ?
58. What is the IRS publication that explains home office expenses?
59. What is the IRS web site address ?
60. What is Workers Compensation ?
61. What legal aspects should I consider when starting a new business ?
62. What options do I have beside keeping money in a low interest rate savings account ?
63. What options do I have with the location of my business ?
64. What records should I keep to prove my business use of my automobile ?
65. What should I know about accounting and bookkeeping ?
66. When are business meals and entertainment expenses deductible ?
67. When do I make tax payments on my business?
68. When I buy a business , how is Goodwill determined ?
69. Where can I borrow money to start a business ?
70. Where can I get more information on hiring employees ?
71. Who should be on my board of directors ?
72. Why shouldn't I lease a car instead of buying it for my business, if it gives me a larger deduction than depreciation?
If you need professional help with "Business Start-ups" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs