Ask A CPA - Retirement Planning
1. Active participant - retirement plan designation
2. Are my estate planning fees deductible?
3. Are the trustee fees that I pay to manage my IRA deductible?
4. Can I elect to use averaging on my current year lump-sum distribution?
5. Can I leave my retirement funds with the company I left when I changed to another job?
6. Deadline to set up Retirement Plan
7. Do I pay capital gains on my IRA account distribution ?
8. Does Medicare cover Long Term care insurance ?
9. Have the Pension Plan Limits increased in 2013?
10. How do I apply for Medicare?
11. How do I contact Medicare ?
12. How do I enroll in Medicare ?
13. How much is my social security benefits reduced if I am younger than 65 and earn wages ?
14. I'm a government worker and am thinking about retiring. I have contributed to a 457 Plan and want to know what my options are for taking this money?
15. If I am eligible for Social Security Disability benefits , am I also eligible for Medicare benefits ?
16. In relation to retirement, what is a Defined benefit plan?
17. Is a 457 withdrawal prior to turning age 59 1/2 subject to the 10% early withdrawal penalty ?
18. Is Form 2031 the form an exempted minister uses to re-elect social security coverage ?
19. Is my spouse entitled to a share of my 401(k) retirement account when I get divorced?
20. Is there a listing available for choosing a nursing home ?
21. Is there a mandatory minimum withholding tax amount on my retirement plan distribution?
22. is there a time limit on how long I can receive social security Disability benefits ?
23. Is there a website with Roth IRA information and to calculate a Roth IRA ?
24. Minister - elects exempt from social security
25. What are some advantages of a SEP , Simplified Employee Pension Plan ?
26. What are some benefits of a Roth IRA?
27. What are some benefits of a SIMPLE plan ?
28. What are the 4 basic components of Medicare ?
29. What is a 401(K) plan ?
30. What is a 457 Plan?
31. What is a Defined Benefit plan ?
32. What is a Keogh plan ?
33. What is a Roth IRA ?
34. What is an IRA (Individual Retirement Account) ?
35. What is an IRA prohibited transaction?
36. What is Medicaid ?
37. What is the penalty rate on a SIMPLE plan withdrawal in the fist year ?
38. What is the roll-over period for a pension distribution?
39. What is the special enrollment period for Medicare?
40. When I get divorced , will I lose my Medicare coverage ?
41. When is the special enrollment period for Medicare Part B ?
42. Where can I get a list of the impairments that Social Security considers to be disabling ?
43. Who can I contact to assist me in getting my vested pension money from my past employer ?
44. Will a transfer of assets to an Inter Vivos Irrevocable Trust automatically create a 60 month period of ineligibility for Medicaid ?
45. Will I receive an annual report from my bank detailing my IRA ?
46. Will my $14,000 gift to my grandson effect my Medicaid eligibility ?
47. Will my retirement pension from my work reduce the amount of my Social Security benefit ?
If you need professional help with "Retirement Planning" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs