Ask A CPA - Small Business Services
1. Are business gifts deductible?
2. Are small businesses using the Internet ?
3. Are the business gifts I give out at holiday time deductible?
4. Are the costs of starting my business fully deductible?
5. Are there any Federal taxes on Internet access ?
6. Are there any organizations available to help me and my small business . I heard of a SCORE Association ?
7. Are there any reporting requirements for receiving more than $10,000 in cash in one business transaction?
8. Are there any tax incentives in hiring a person with a disability ?
9. As a sole-proprietor, are my health insurance premiums deductible?
10. As an employer , what are some questions that I should NOT ask during a job interview ?
11. Auto lease payments
12. By what date must I as the employer issue W-2 forms to my employees ?
13. Can a Partnership continue after the sale of a partner's entire interest ?
14. Can a partnership lease an auto for business purposes?
15. Can a Trust select a Fiscal tax year ?
16. Can I claim a depreciation deduction on my inventory ?
17. Can I claim a Home Office deduction ?
18. Can I claim a home office deduction on my tax return?
19. Can I claim the part of my living room that has my computer as a home office deduction ?
20. Can I deduct the costs of trees I planted on my business property ?
21. Can I deduct the loss I incurred on the trade in of my business equipment ?
22. Can I depreciate the costs of excavating and the removal of soil from a investment property I own?
23. Can I take advantage of my current year's unused general business credit ?
24. Can I use the Cash method of accounting in my Liquor business ?
25. Cash method of accounting - inventory
26. Corporations - standard mileage rate
27. Defined contribution plan - Limitation on the annual benefit
28. Depreciation, What does MACRS stand for?
29. Did the Research Activities Credit expire ?
30. Did the Work Opportunity Tax Credit expire ?
31. Do all Nonprofit entities have to file Form 990 each year ?
32. Do I have to carryback my current year 's net operating loss ?
33. Do I have to make federal tax deposits electronically?
34. Federal employment taxes payment procedure
35. For what amount of a subcontractor's earnings will I have to issue a 1099-MISC slip at the end of the year?
36. Gifts - business gift limitation
37. Goodwill - amortizable basis
38. How can I get a copy of the IRS Small Business Tax Guide's for the current year?
39. How can I maximize the tax benefit of my current year's large business loss ?
40. How do I calculate a gain or loss on the trade-in of my business automobile ?
41. How do I calculate the amount of tax owed on my freelance secretarial job ?
42. How do I calculate the amount of the advanced earned income amount to include in an employee's paycheck?
43. How do I change my accounting method ?
44. How do I complain about the IRS actions in relation to my small business ?
45. How do I compute overtime for tipped employees ?
46. How do I decide on wage levels ?
47. How do I file an extension for Nonprofit Form 990 ?
48. How do I prepare to get a business loan ?
49. How do I report misconduct and abuse by a IRS employee ?
50. How do I set up the right record keeping system for my business ?
51. I am a small contractor , how do I become Bonded ?
52. I just bought a sole proprietorship . How do I come up with individual cost amounts for the different assets I acquired ?
53. I want to sell my business . How much is it worth ?
54. If I pay my 17 year old daughter for helping me in my business , do I have to withhold taxes ?
55. In reference to banking , what is Debit Card ?
56. In reference to small businesses , what is Bonding ?
57. In reference to small businesses , what is the DUNS ( Data Universal Numbering System ) ?
58. Is my personal credit history considered for a business loan ?
59. Is the amount I pay my trade association deductible ?
60. Is the cost of Farmland depreciable ?
61. Is the Section 179 deduction prorated if I purchase qualified equipment in late December?
62. Is the yacht rental cost I paid to entertain my customer's deductible?
63. Is there a Small Business Association loan I can get for my business?
64. Is there a web site that will give me a listing of accounting and tax software packages available on the Internet ?
65. Is there a website to get a calendar for small business filings ?
66. Purchased of new business equipment - 1st year write off
67. Salesman - NY Knick tickets I gifted my client deductible?
68. Short Form Schedule C-EZ instead of long Form Schedule C
69. Should I file my tax return by the due date even If I can't pay what I think I will owe?
70. Should I not report the interest income that was reported on Form 1099-INT , that was incorrectly sent to me ?
71. Small businesse - SIC ( Standard Industrial Classification Code )
72. Standard Meal Allowance - in place of the actual meal costs
73. Standared mileage rate - for charity
74. Tolls and parking - mileage method
75. Waiters - requirement to report tip income
76. Web site available to help small businesses
77. What are guaranteed payments?
78. What are the benefits of Incorporation ?
79. What are the differences between an limited liability company and an S corporation ?
80. What are the tax consequences of a Partner's Death ?
81. What collateral is the bank asking for as part of my loan application requirements?
82. What documentation do I need to substantiate entertainment expenses?
83. What documentation is needed to deduct auto expenses?
84. What does marketing involve?
85. What does the term "DBA" mean ?
86. What employment forms should all new employees fill out?
87. What financial responsibilities do I have for my employees ?
88. What form do I file to apply for an Employer Identification Number ( EIN ) ?
89. What form does my business file to pay the Federal Unemployment t Tax?
90. What forms should an employer ask an independent contractor to fill out?
91. What is a Business Plan ?
92. What is a close corporation ?
93. What is a franchise ?
94. What is a NonProfit 990 tax return ?
95. What is a Performance Bond ?
96. What is a Surety Bond ?
97. What is a Venture Capitalist ?
98. What is the current years 179 deduction limitation ?
99. What is the difference between a Corporation and a Limited Liability Company ?
100. What is the difference between a S Corporation and a Regular C Corporation ?
101. What is the dollar amount for the maximum account balance in an employee stock ownership plan subject to a 5 year distribution period ?
102. What is the IRS phone number to get a Federal ID Number ?
103. What is the IRS phone number to get an EIN ( Employer Identification Number ) ?
104. What is the IRS web site address ?
105. What is the liabilty of my father who is a co-signer on my business loan?
106. What is the Small Business Administration's web site ?
107. What is the standard business mileage rate
108. What is the web site for the Securities and Exchange Commission ?
109. What is Workers Compensation ?
110. What legal aspects should I consider when starting a new business?
111. What proof do I need to substantiate my travel and entertainment expenses ?
112. What records should I keep to prove the business use of my automobile ?
113. What should I know about accounting and bookkeeping ?
114. What types of payments would require a Form 1099-MISC to be issued?
115. When are business meals and entertainment expenses deductible?
116. When is Nonprofit Form 990 due ?
117. When is the tax return filing due date for a Decedent's Estate ?
118. When is the tax return filing due date for Corporations ?
119. When is the tax return filing due date for Estates and Trusts ?
120. When is the tax return filing due date for Exempt Organizations ?
121. When is the tax return filing due date for Gifts ?
122. When is the tax return filing due date for Partnerships and Limited Liability Companys ( LLC's ) ?
123. Where can I get Nonprofit Form 990 ?
124. Where do I file Form 5500 ?
125. Why shouldn't I lease a car instead of buying it for my business, if it gives me a larger deduction than depreciation?
126. Will the IRS ever waive penalties ?
If you need professional help with "Small Business Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs