Ask A CPA - Taxes - My Tax Return
1. Alimony - minimum payment period
2. Alimony - third year non-payment after divorce - recapture rule
3. Are funeral expenses deductible on my personal income tax return ?
4. Are my excess foster care payments tax deductible ?
5. Are NYC line of duty injury payments to police officers and firefighters taxable ?
6. Are the taxi fares I receive for working in an unsafe area, taxable to me ?
7. Are the unemployment checks I receive reportable on my tax return?
8. Are there any tax credits or refunds related to reparations for slavery ?
9. Are there any tax incentives in hiring a person with a disability ?
10. Are there favorable tax deductions for a SUV?
11. Are traffic tickets deductible?
12. Artists - Special rules
13. Can I claim my father-in-law who lives with me as a dependent?
14. Can I deduct the loss on the sale of my principal residence on my tax return?
15. Can I make installment payments on the amount I owe on my Federal Tax return?
16. Can I use income averaging on my tax return?
17. Can I use short form 1040A if the only capital gain distributions are from a mutual fund ?
18. Can I use the loss I received from a Partnership K- 1 that was generated from a Publically Traded Partnership to offset income from other K-1s.?
19. Can my Federal tax refund be used to pay other debts ?
20. Capital Gains Tax Rates
21. Do I have to file a Tax Return (children and other dependents)
22. Does a Power of Attorney stay in effect for more than 1 year ?
23. Does the IRS have assistance for taxpayers with disabilities ?
24. Form 1040 - what line is my Taxable Income?
25. Forms 1099 - attach to my tax return?
26. How could I have taxable capital gains on a mutual fund that is worth less today than it was last year?
27. How do I claim a refund for a deceased taxpayer?
28. How do I complain about the IRS actions in relation to my small business ?
29. How do I file my current year’s tax return if my spouse passed away during the year?
30. How do I get a copy of my tax return ?
31. How do I get New York City forms ?
32. How do I know if I am a Active participant in a retirement plan ?
33. How do I notify the IRS about my address change ?
34. How do I reflect the unpaid balance of the mortgage on the sale of business property?
35. How do I report misconduct and abuse by a IRS employee ?
36. How long does it take to get a trademark registered and how much will it cost ?
37. How long should I keep my important tax documents ?
38. How much of my Foreign Earned Income is excludable ?
39. In electronic filing, what is an ERO ?
40. In relation to divorce , what is community property ?
41. In relation to trade marks , what is a service mark ?
42. Interest Rates for the year 2013 for Individuals ?
43. Is a corporation with $4,000,000 in annual receipts liable for the Alternative Minimum Tax ?
44. Is my state a community property state ?
45. Is the costs of me driving to work deductible?
46. Is the insurance payments I made for embezzlement deductible?
47. Is there a limit to the amount I elect to rollover into a SSBIC ?
48. Is there a phone number to call to report someone who is not filing a Federal Tax return ?
49. Is there a special power of attorney form needed for my tax preparer to answer questions by the IRS ?
50. Is there a website to verify penalty calculations determined by the IRS ?
51. Leased auto - income inclusion
52. Margin interest - reportable to IRS ?
53. Social Security - Phone Number
54. Social Security Benefits Reduction - younger than 65 and earning wages
55. Tax Brackets and Rates - for each filing status
56. What are the Uniform Transfer to Minors and Gift to Minors accounts?
57. What documentation do I need to substantiate entertainment expenses?
58. What does community property mean?
59. What exactly is an Audit ?
60. What form do I report my like kind exchange on ?
61. What income tax bracket do I fall into?
62. What is a copyright ?
63. What is a IRS CP-2000 notice ?
64. What is a Keogh plan ?
65. What is a Patent ?
66. What is a REMIC?
67. What is a Roth IRA ?
68. What is a Trademark ?
69. What is Bond OID accretion ?
70. What is the AMT - Alternative Minimum Tax?
71. What is the Bonus depreciation limit for vehicles in 2011?
72. What is the IRS Mission ?
73. What is the IRS Publication that deals with Innocent spouse relief ?
74. What is the IRS Telefile system?
75. What is the phone number to call for IRS Tax Publications ?
76. What is the standard mileage rate for using my car for business
77. What percentage is the personal income taxes collected to the total federal revenues collected ?
78. What's the difference between a credit and a deduction?
79. Where can I find the per diem away from home meals and lodging rates for foreign countries ?
80. Where can I find U.S. tax assistance in Great Britain?
81. Where can I get information about becoming a licensed IRS tax preparer ?
82. Who can I contact if I feel I was discriminated against because of my age ?
83. Who must file a return - (not children)
84. Will the IRS ever waive penalties ?
85. With the introduction of so many tax software progams, doing your taxes seems so easy. Why should I use a CPA to prepare my tax return?
If you need professional help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs